Hey there party people!
I’ve been busy with a little something and the results were so great, I just had to show you guys! So this weekend was getting a little dull with the rains and everything here...yeah, Mumbai can get really bleak sometimes. And I was sitting in, getting bored. What does a fashion student do when they’re bored? (It’s a cliché, but yeah, okay, be nice.) We make clothes! :D
I had this super cool night time poolside party coming up, and I had nothing half as cool to wear. So I thought of what I wanted, made a plan, made a sketch (and made up my mind, of course) and got to work.
And by the time I was done, I was thoroughly spent and ecstatic because I had succeeded in making my first ever complete garment set. Yay. I made a black wrap around skirt out of the soft satin crepe material I had, and a white knit top.
Why is it so awesome for a night pool party?
1. It’s not a full wrap around, which means you can show off legs. LEGS.
2. It’s black. And sexy.
3. The top is a sexy slinky top, but it’s not indecent. It has a pretty vertical pattern that makes you look slimmer and taller. And it has a little dip at the back. *wink*
4. Because, even though chances are low, you can easily take it off and jump into the pool. Though I assure you, that didn’t happen with me (sadly).
1. The top had a double layer on the front. So no translucent problems. The back was conveniently single layered. The pattern was a zigzag one, but in the vertical direction. Tall and slim, okay I said that. But it’s an important point. From personal experience, it was rather airy and comfortable for a night of crazy dancing.
3. The shoes were leather boots, courtesy – forever 21. Comfy and light and to my delight, very sole supportive even for dancing. But yeah, after a while, you have to take a break. But I can promise, it will be a nice long ‘while’.
I only had the time before the party for an impromptu shoot, so please don’t mind the noise.
Picture credits : Kriti Bajpai, NIFT Mumbai. (Heart eyes)