Bollywood has always had a major influence in our lives. From the songs to the story, from the outfits to makeup and hairstyles, Bollywood can influence Indians in a way nothing else can. If you want to know about the latest trends in fashion and make up, watch the recent Bollywood movie and find for yourself. Though off late, not all movies reflect the correct trends and situations in India. But there have been Bollywood movies in the past which influenced Indian fashion to a great extent. It changed the face of Indian fashion and every girl wanted to dress up like the actress they saw onscreen.
1. Rangeela : This movie defined ‘sexy’. Urmila looked stunning in the short frilly skirts and ankle boots. She brought in a completely different style of dressing during the time when not many actresses were willing to experiment. Though this movie reminds me of the song Kya Kare and the pretty actress in a beautiful red dress.
2. Dil to Pagal hai : A personal favorite, the movie immediately reminds me of Karisma Kapoor. This beautiful actress dressed completely different as compared to her previous roles. She looked absolutely fit in the shorts and sports bra or t shirts. This movie brought Karisma on the fashion map and showed how gorgeous she looked in dresses or a full length gown. The fashion trend she introduced did go a long way for girls who loved to work out and loved to dance. Madhuri was also applauded for her pastel colored churidars and wavy hair.
3. Jab we met : This movie has influenced Indian fashion in a lot of ways. There were patialas, there were long tees and then there were beautiful kurta and churidars. Kareena looked extremely pretty in each and every outfit she wore. But the trend of long tees and patialas is still going strong. The accessories also left a mark in the fashion industry, be it scarfs or bangles and red nailpaint. It was all Punjabi and fresh. This look is the most loved and adapted look by ladies in the Country.
4. Aisha : This chickflick left all of us drooling over Sonam Kapoor’s outfits. There were more than 10 outfits that we all wished we could have. From corporate wear to pretty dresses, this movie introduced luxury wear into the Indian market. From Dolce Gabanna to Christian Dior, Indian fashion market became familiar to all these designers and were more than happy to welcome them into their lives.
5. Cocktail : The pretty girl next door, Diana Penty and the super glamorous girl, Deepika Padukone, this movie has fashion sense that complemented each other. Deepika was seen wearing short dresses, smoky eyes and printed skirts. She rocked the crop tops and romper look. While Diana was seen in jackets and pretty casual wear. They both complimented each other in a way that nobody looked over dressed or underdressed. This movie influenced many party lovers and gave an ultimate fashion guide to girls.